What is a Meniscus Tear?
Your knee is combination of the three bones;
- the thighbone (femur),
- the shinbone (tibia),
- and the kneecap (patella)
There are two C-shaped discs of cartilage between the Femur and Tibia. This is commonly known as the meniscus. Sometimes, your meniscus is torn due to knee twists. There are large numbers of the patients who are coming to India, for the excellent meniscus tear treatment. We are specialized in providing the meniscus tear treatment in India. The reason for their migrating is the low meniscus tear treatment cost in India as western countries.
Symptoms of Meniscus Tear
- There is pop in the knee when the tear occurs.
- Sometimes, there is the pain in the center of the knee. This is due to the twisting or squatting of the knee.
- Sometimes, there is the limited range of the motion.
Treatment for Meniscus Tear
The orthopedic surgeon will treat your tear. This tearing process is dependent upon the type, size and location of the tear.
- Non-Surgical Treatment: If the tear is small and this is the outer edge of the meniscus, then it doesn’t require any surgical procedure.
- RICE: This is the most effective treatment for the sports-related injuries. Rice is the combination of following things:
- Rest: first take a break from the sport that causes the injury.
- Ice: always use the cold packs for the 20 minutes.
- Compression: you must wear the compression bandage in order to cure the disease.
- Elevation: You can recline your leg at the higher place than your heart.
- Surgical Treatment: if you are the severe meniscus tear, then Dr. Tanveer Singh Bhutani is experienced in providing all kinds of the meniscal injuries effectively. He is using the different advanced arthroscopy techniques.
Firstly, the miniature camera is inserted with the small incision. This will provide the clear view of your knee.
Then your orthopedic surgeon will use the surgical procedures to repair the tear meniscus.
Rehabilitation: After the surgery, your doctor will recommend the multiple rehabilitation exercises. This will help to restore the knee mobility and strength. This process is performed at the home.